Thursday, May 27, 2010

What's this blog really about? ... let's get some positive energy happening


I was noticing that my blog here has been turning into a badbeat/whiner blog for the past while. Sure I ran real bad in priv. tourneys in Feb. & March of this year, & yah I've had a bad run in the reg. MTTs in May.... but this blog wasn't supposed to be about whining.
I was thinking about it... you know.. what's this blog really all about? I believe initially I set out starting it thinking that if I wanted to refer some people to it I could/would,.. other players starting out & maybe helping them to avoid some of the pitfalls along the way OR more so, how to benefit from playing micro donkaments to build up a poker bankroll (and of course to keep track of my own progress). So I will try to change things around a bit from here on in.

Positive energy easier to come by today as I took down a 1st place in the Cardshcat Carbon buyin MTT, for $105.00 (which was nice). I finished 1 off the bubble in the CC Bodog buyin (only my 2nd time playing it as I'm barely rolled for anything on that site & blew most of it playing priv. super satellites to WSOP).

So.... what am I doing to improve upon my game today (or... 'lately'). I've been reading my way thru 'Winning Poker Tournaments - One Hand At A Time - Vol.2' (great book btw.. really liking it, only wishing it had a couple thousand more pages...perhaps I'll start spending more time on 2+2 in their MTT & STT HH section & far less time on Cardshcat & other sites... although a good thing I've done lately is to step away from the Railbirds site as it's been a complete waste of my time & if anything just brings on negative energy (it was okay for me a few yrs. ago but not now)).

Also trying to look after other areas of my life - work, recreation, & health (although not doing the greatest in the health dept.). Needing to hook up with a social network too instead of just hangin' with my g/f all the time. One day at a time. It's better today than it was last week.

I've decided to make the most out of the micro buyin 'cash-added' MTT's again. Hey, they're not 'great' games but for sure they're better than stuff at similiar buyin levels online & one can't argue about the added prize money in them. They're a win-win situation. A couple of very good ones coming up this next week ($5 & $10 buyins with $500 & $1,000 added both on Fulltilt, a $300 added on Pokerstars, a $1,000 freeroll on Titan & many more... all in the next week).

Then in July I will look to see about moving money off of some smaller sites & moving it over to Fulltilt so I can be sufficiently rolled for bigger buyins. Who knows, maybe I'll leave some on Doyles & Titan, giving me an oppurtunity to play in some other MTTs on occassion. Carbon though has got to go (leave just enough on there to play the priv. games).

That's all for now, MSOP series coming up on Fulltilt starting this weekend. Should be a donkfest, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment