Saturday, January 22, 2011

Some goals for 2011

Some goals for 2011 as far as bankroll & types of games go:
Going to make a focused effort to play more of the league games & work at building up the bankroll which will hopefully lead to playing some MTTs on a more regular basis.

For PokerStars I'm planning on putting in a bit of volume playing the 27plyr. SNG's. I feel I should be able to run with a decent ROI in these (at least +20%) and have hopes of slowly building the roll up to the $1,000 mark. Plan is to do this by May1st, playing the $3's & $5's. Will also be adding in the odd micro MTT as well. This will require playing 8games, 3x/wk. Shouldn't be too difficult.

For Fulltilt I'm hoping to do something similiar. Again focusing on the 27plyr. SNG's ($5) and also will be adding in the $10-45's once we hit the $500 mark. Maybe with the help of some of the league events coming up soon, this will be sooner rather than later.

888Poker. Continue to take shots at $10-$20mtts, focusing on the Mon.Chall. ($22-$5k). For buring off some time, will also likely continue to 8-10table 2nl & 6nl.(it's pennies but it's easy money on that site, albeit slow but sure (I think I've only had two losing sessions on there so far out of ~25sessions & both were minimal).

TitanPoker. Grind away at the $20-$30 mtt's, throw in some 30plyr $5 & $10 sng's. Take shots at the $3rebuy SuperSatty to the $27.50 satellite to the $200kguar. Possibly doing this on a weekly basis (just missed out today, won a ticket in the $3rebuy but then had AQ run into AA in the 20seat guar....which actually gave out 55seats!).

Bodog has been unsuccessful after making a small deposit at the end of last year. A few bubbles & also missing a couple of tournaments I'd pre-reg'd. for didn't help much, lol. Had thoughts of dropping a few more bucks down on that site again but really, with the way I have my poker setup at the moment, playing Bodog will just interfere with other site's games. The games I do play on there do have some decent payouts including a ticket to the $162 - $100Kguar. but will have to consider pursuing this at a later date (unless I happen to get particularly lucky in one of the next two tournaments I play on there... one of them is tomorrow! lol).

Carbon Poker. Unfortunately that account went for a shit over Christmas but will be playing the league games that had me get it to where it was. Goal I think will be > if I reach $500 I will withdrawl everything over $100 & then stick to the league games & perhaps $3rebuys. After sampling a handful of $20-$33 MTT's, I have no real desire to play tournaments regularly on that site (I just don't like it much).

DoylesRoom. I hear they're moving at the end of this month. Might burn off the few buyins I have left on there... if something good comes of it... so be it. If not.. oh well. I had fun on DoylesRoom back in 2007 & early 2008 when I was playing their 10cent sng's & rake-hand-required freerolls. Played a bunch of 10 & 20nl on there too. That site gave me some time to help get better at playing poker but have never been interested in playing on there much the past two years.

As far as other stuff goes... ie. equip., software, etc. I'll probably get H.E.M. sometime in the early summer but am pretty much setup with everything else I need now. Might spring for a month or two of a poker training site.. probably going with TournamentPokerEdge with BigDogPktFives on there.
Would also be really cool to find a couple of players to hook up with to discuss hands/spots in MTT play and at the same time, spend less time helping others & less time posting on poker forums (less social > more practical).

That's all for now. Hoping to post some decent scores up here soon (or some decent progress with bankroll building).
GL on the tables (hope you run good!).

No comments:

Post a Comment