Saturday, January 22, 2011

A min. cash in the CC PokerStars $1K & Some early priv. scores in League games




A few early scores in private tourneys.
I managed to qualify for the Cardschat TripleRewards $1K Freeroll on PokerStars (barely). It was NewYear's Even & I was eating dinner with my girlfriend & her parents when I looked up at the clock & it dawned on me that I needed to earn less than 2more pts. to be eligible to play a $1,000 freeroll in January (because I'm on PacificTime & the site is on EST, I realized that what I thought I needed to earn before midnite, I really needed to earn before 9pm!!!). Down I went & decided to enter a $6Turbo SNG. I had around 45mins. before the deadline.
I reg'd. for the game, checked my pts. balance & realized I wasn't geting the pts. for the game until after it was completed. Damn... I was cutting it close!
40mins. into it & there's still 5 of us left. I have an ok stack, sitting in 3rd. of 5. UTG laggy donk raises it up, I look down at K6s.. and with around 15bb's I figure I'm good to go, lol (really I just want to bust out so I can get my entry to the $1K). He snapcalls with A8o?!?!?! wtf? I flop a 6.... oh well... but he turns an Ace & out I go. I go to check my pts. update & lo & behold it's allotted them towards Jan.2011 & I was still short on my Dec.2010!! Damn!! What a waste! Fortunately the admin. on the site asked the rep. if I could be given a special entry because of the circumstances (I expected nothing & was surprised when I actually received the entry... tks!!!).

All that to play a $1K freeroll with a ton of players who aren't even active on the forum (meaning I'd know very few of them & guar. the play would be pretty horrid!).
I managed to eek out a min. cash in it & just prior to shipping it in, I didn't even realize that the bubble had popped! {now to get another 100pts. on there in this last part of Jan. so I can enter the Feb. & also have a $50 bonus to clear on Stars right now after final tabling the PokerCastInvitational back in December}

Found a new league to play in on Titan last nite & first tourney was today! ($5 buyin with $100added, ~25players top5 pd... 3 tourneys/mth. nice!). Had a few others going on at the time & was actually surprised to find that most of the players in this league were pretty decent players. Got down to HeadsUp & got really lucky when my AQ > AK & then had a HUGE chiplead. Villain was wayyy too tight on the button & I increased my lead by more (alot more!). I then lost with 44 v JJ, and then two races in a row.. sigh... with the AQ < 88 being the final nail in the coffin. Oh well, $63 for 2nd - not too bad & it was 'fun'!

Seems like I've been having more success on Titan than any of the other sites for awhile now. The smaller field tourneys are decent & there are just a TON of bad players in their satellites (shockingly so). The lastest decent score on there a 2nd place finish in the Cardschat $1K Freeroll (monthly) which paid out $250.00!!! Brings my account back up to a point higher than ever now (had taken a bit of a dip after bombing out in the W.P. $200Kguar. which I bought directly into for $109 (regularly $322) and a few other med. buyin MTT's that didnt' go so well (actually went out on the very first hand I played in the $200Kguar., lol.. figures, the highest buyin MTT I ever play online & I bomb out on the first hand I play. Glad I didn't wuss out on it though, as I definitely had enough equity in the hand to be getting it in,.... even if I had bloated up the pot a bit preflop by 4betting with AKs.. flopped the NutFlushDraw & a gutterball).

Well that's it for now. Here's some screenies of the games mentioned above.

No comments:

Post a Comment