Monday, March 15, 2010






I still can't seem to get these pics. loaded in order. Oh well,... you get the picture.
This was my busto hand HeadsUp at the end of the Cardschat 6max MTT on Fri.Mar.12th. Lead out with a pot bet on the flop to which I got a call, ez call here on turn obv.
Put in a bunch of hours working (mostly painting) and was really worn out from it. Decided to take Sunday off & had plans to play a bunch of tournaments with highlight being the MiniFtops#10 ($33 buyin I satellited into for $1).
First hour was going well, picking up a few smaller pots, losing a few chips here & there with speculative hands, maintaining my stack size slightly above starting stack (~5,500 chips). Had AA one time with a Utg raise, I 3-bet in MP & got no action (on a table that had players coldcalling raises a ton.... lots of rookies with terrible stats., playing all kinds of marginal garbage hands).
After 1st break I was looking to exploit a few of them and opened a few pots with decent pp's (99, QQ, & JJ)... all of which I had to let go of on the turn.
Woke up with AKo in BB, MP had raised (they NEVER raised... only limping & calling... 'alot')..and a 27bb stack 3bet pretty big in CO. Now at 40bb's I didn't want to flat & didn't want to commit 65% of my stack by iso-shoving and was afraid that the Ls.CallingStation MP raiser might have a big hand (as in real big). So.. I make the uber nitty fold. MP calls & flop comes A88 w 2diamonds. MP bets out POT, CO reraises allin... MP calls with 10d-9d, a 10hi flush draw.. CO has AK and wins a decent pot... (sigh). Hindsight... just get it in there.
Very next hand, still hanging onto my decision from hand prior, I wake up w QQ in SB. Btn (a real over-aggress., over-valuing, wide-calling spewy donk who'd had one big MTT cash to his record) open raises from Btn for 4x, sitting with ~40bb's in SB I over-shove allin (thinking I'm perhaps getting hu with btn.... or maybe 'not thinking' properly.. hindsite... should've 3bet to ~1,200, leaving enough behind for a Pot-sized shove on the flop). BB 'flats' my shove, Btn folds. BB has 'KK' which holds ftw.. and out I go in fairly early levels (actually reminds me ALOT of the last MTT buyin I played at $26 & up, over-shoving w QQ to an eMP raise, getting called by AK & losing.... at least I got it in good then but again should've just 3-bet,...so what if players are flatting most 3-bets after open-raising & you're on a table of loose calling donks).
More painting & repairs lined up for this week so my play will be very limited (again). Taking a crack at a $1,000 freeroll today on Titan (Cardschat)... hoping it'll be a small field and I get a decent payout. If so, I will use most of it for a shot at a bigger buyin on Titan (ie. $50& up).

No comments:

Post a Comment