Back to hitting some of the micro buyin 'cash-added' donkaments this month (there are ALOT of them if one looks around thru priv. tourney lobbys on some of the online poker sites). The micro cash-added buyins are a great way to build up from a small bankroll or to even attempt a zero-to-hero roll (well... idk about 'hero'.... but at least it can be a start). They are also a decent avenue to gain some experience which can later translate to some 45plyr. SNG play as most of the field size is pretty small & also most are only 1500chip starting stacks. There are some double stack tournaments as well though & some with added prize money of $500-$1,000.
No great results to speak of this month (or this year so far, but did finish off 2009 with a final table cash in a Fulltilt $26donkament) and have once again decided to just coast awhile longer in some of these private tournaments, while occassionally putting in some small sessions in SNGs, prior to making a committment to playing a bit of volume of $25 MTTs.
Plan is to add some more $'s to the various poker bankrolls (6 of them ongoing at the moment) & then to withdrawl funds off a few accounts & move them over to a couple of others & maybe even keep a few bucks to spend for a change (..... in other words >> to pay some bills with &/or maybe purchase some new equip. for playing the online tables (a 24"monitor & new tower being a possiblitiy as I am currently playing on 2 laptops - a 17" & 15", with decent 4GB & 2GB RAM)). It just doesn't make sense to keep a $1,000 account on a site I play at maybe twice per week at the most and realistically only need a $50 bankroll on there to keep playing the priv. tournaments I've been playing on there (they've been hugely +EV for me & can't recall going 3 tourneys w/o cashing). Why keep money on a site I don't play on, & where largest buyin I play is a $5 private tournament? Would make far more sense to move it to the site I frequent the most so that I will once again be rolled to play at MTT buyins I would prefer to be playing as a minimum buyin (Fulltilt the $26donkaments). I've been putting this move off for awhile now & am now thinking I should make a goal to take some action - - no sense in continuing on with something that makes no sense???
Played a private freeroll today on Ultimate Bet (Cardschat $150freeroll). Still playing these CC freerolls as I'm familiar with most of the players in them & 'usually' have some fun playing them. It's obviously not about the money as the prizes are minimal with 1st being only $30, BUT this is another site (UB) I've built up from $0 and it also enables me to play an ass't. of other cash-added micro buyin tournaments on UB. I've also cashed in the last 3 of these I've played - today's was a 16th of 62 for $4.00, last week was 4th of 76entrants for $12.00 and the time I played it before that was a 13th of 73entrants for $5.00 These Cardschat Freerolls have far, far better play than anyother freeroll I've ever played (yes... I've played ALOT of them as I was a private freeroll junkie when I first got started playing online poker). Alot of the field are experienced players who also play them regularly, along with some newer/weaker players obviously in the mix. They are easy money & a decent game & a great avenue for someone starting out (& for others like myself who can't seem to get themselve's to stop playing them, lol).
Thursday's tournament schedule includes:
$10+1 buyin, Cardschat on CarbonPoker ($100added to the prizepool)
$1.50 4Kingpoker league tourney ($25added) on Bodog
a couple of micro, cash-added buyins on UB ($3 & $4 with $40 & $80 added),... but not too sure if I'll play these as I've got some work to do in the morning and don't really get too enthused about playing on UB (aside from the CC games that is).
til' tomorrow then....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment